Remember that due to the celebration of Teacher's Day, there's no class next Monday.
This is your homework for our next session on 4th December:
- Page 22, exercise 6 Past Simple vs Past Continuous
- Page 23, Reading part 1
- Page 26, writing exercise 5
- Page 27, vocabulary and grammar --> Check here the ANSWER KEY
PAST SIMPLE, PAST CONTINUOS: Those students who don't understand or don't remember the use of these two past tenses, should check these links:
- Video explanation
- Explanation in Spanish
- Exercise with answer key
USED TO: This is the structure that we use in English to talk about past habits
- Affirmative (USED TO + INFINITIVE) : I used to do karate when I was a child. (Solía hacer karate cuando era pequeño)
- Negative (DIDN'T USE TO + INFINITIVE): I didn't use to eat as many vegetables as I do now (no solía comer tantas verduras como ahora)
- Questions (DID + subject+ USED TO + infinitive verb+?) Did you use to listen to pop music? (¿solías escuchar música pop?)
For those of you who would like to do a writing part 2 practice, here you have a task:
Have a good week and see you on our next lesson!
Gloria
