MPR07-19

Thursday, 13 October 2016

3º 5H - Week 10-14 October (Verbs followed by -ing or to)

Hi students!

This week we've studied the verbs which are followed by either -ing or infinitive with to.
As I've explained,  we can distinguish three groups of verbs:

- Verbs which can only be followed by -ing OR to. For example: I can't help getting anxious when I speak in from of an audience! "can't help + -ing" or I managed to do all my homework in time. "manage + infinitive with to".

- Verbs which can be followed by -ing AND infinitive with to and there's no much difference in meaning: I like reading at night or I like to read at night. 

Verbs which can be followed by -ing AND infinitive with to but there's difference in meaning, for example: I stopped studying at 9pm or I stopped to have something to eat. 

 Click HERE to download the PowerPoint presentation that I've used in class.

Today in the conversation class, Ana mentioned a webpage with an extended explanation on the topic. Click HERE to access the webpage of the Cambridge Online Dictionary.

For homework,I'd like you to read the explanation on the book (page 110), download and read the information on the PowerPoint and try to do exercises 1 and 2 on page 110 (section 1.5). Don't worry if you find the exercises confusing, try to do them and we'll correct them and explain all your doubts on Tuesday (on Monday you are going to the "Convivencia" so we don't have class).

Have a lovely weekend!


Gloria